The Care Team (TCT)’s Compliance Program operates in accordance to the guidelines established by the Office of Inspector General (OIG) and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. This program promotes high ethical standards, professionalism and accountability; which aligns with TCT’s mission and core values.
The purpose of the Compliance Program is for:
1. The protection of health information
2. The prevention of fraud, waste and abuse
3. Enforcement of federal, state, and agency rules and regulations, as well as TCT’s policies and procedures
4. Collaboration with other TCT departments
The Compliance Program consist of:
- Written policies, procedures and Code of Ethics for all team members
- A Compliance Officer and a Compliance Committee
- Effective education and training mechanisms which promotes outstanding patient care and creates an environment where team members thrive in performing their duties with integrity
- Effective lines of communication including anonymous Compliance Hotline for reporting of concerns for patients, team members, volunteers, interns
- Systems and controls to enforce standards through well-publicized guidelines
- A mechanism to implement risk assessments, internal monitoring and auditing activities and
- Enforcement of prompt responses to detected offenses and developing corrective actions
If you have questions or concerns, complete the service complaint form on the link below to give us an opportunity for improvement. You can also complete a complement form so we can recognize our hard-working team members.